- This week’s episode of Turning Point kicks off with arguably the most exciting game of Wild Card Weekend. Up 28 points in the early parts of the 3rd quarter, it looked as though Andy Reid and the Chiefs would advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Colts offense was struggling to put up points, while their defense had yet to force a Kansas City punt the entire game. Just when everyone thought the Colts were out of magic, Andrew Luck went wild. Throwing for 314 yards in the second half, Luck put the Colts in position to win the football game with just under six minutes left in the game. See how Luck and his favorite target, TY Hilton, were able to exploit a banged up Chiefs pass defense to create this games’ Turning Point.
- When the Packers and 49ers met in last years’ playoffs, Colin Kaepernick accounted for 444 total yards in the sunny skies of Candlestick Park. This year’s matchup was played on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, but Kaepernick still proved to be a handful for the Packers defense. With the game tied late in the 4th quarter, the Packers needed to keep Kaepernick in check for just a few more minutes. Facing a 3rd and 8 outside of field goal range, defensive coordinator Dom Capers dialed up the perfect play to contain the 49ers quarterback. See how a missed assignment by a Packers defender gave Kaepernick the split second he needed to generate this games’ Turning Point.
- With two of the leagues’ top offenses facing off in Philadelphia; most people expected the Saints and Eagles game to be a high scoring affair. However, it was the defenses that stood out in this game. The Eagles limited the Saints top two weapons, Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston, to 60 total yards; while the Saints kept the Eagles potent rushing attack in check and limited them to just 80 yards on the ground. The success of these defenses kept the game close and put the Saints in a position to win the game late. Take a look at how Darren Sproles, the smallest player on the field, was able to ignite the Saints and produce this games’ Turning Point.
- The San Diego Chargers are the perfect example of a team that got hot at the right time. They won five of their final six games, which allowed them to squeak into the final AFC playoff spot. A big reason for their hot streak has been the play of their defense. Against the Bengals, they forced four turnovers and held a potent Bengals offense to just 10 points. Led by coordinator John Pagano, this unit might not have the same flair as other defenses, but it has decided to play its best at just the right time.
- Take a look:
- You can catch all this and more, tonight at 11/10c, only on NBC Sports Network.
Tonight on “NFL Turning Point”: Luck Leads Second-Greatest Comeback Ever
Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Intern Files, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Sneak Peek, Turning Point
Posted: January 8th, 2014