Tonight on “NFL Turning Point”: 49ers Get Huge Divisional Win
Posted: December 11th, 2013
- Heading into the weekend, the Eagles and Lions game looked as though it would be an aerial display. The Lions featured the league’s 3rd best passing attack, while Eagles QB Nick Foles came into the game with 13 TDs and zero interceptions in his last four games. However, it was Mother Nature that forced this game to shift to the ground. With at least six inches of snow on the turf, the Eagles leaned on their star running back, LeSean McCoy, to control the game in the second half. See how McCoy’s success and a costly Lions turnover proved to be this games Turning Point.
- For the first 58 minutes, the Ravens and Vikings scored only 19 points between them. After a Dennis Pitta touchdown gave the Ravens the lead with just over two minutes left, it looked as though the Ravens had finally taken control at just the right time. Boy, was that not the case. In the next minute and twenty-three seconds, a total of four touchdowns were scored. Mic’d up for this game, see how all the late game drama took its toll and left Ravens coach John Harbaugh speechless.
- The 49ers and Seahawks have created one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL. The two teams really do not care for one another, that was clear leading up to the opening kickoff. Though points are always tough to come by in these match-ups, the Seahawks were able to put two 2nd quarter touchdowns on the board. With their offense sputtering early on, the 49ers had to lean on their defense. Navorro Bowman and co. limited the Seahawks to just 83 total yards in the second half, and left their offense with a chance to win the game on the final drive. See how a 49ers veteran RB was able to come through in the clutch and deliver this games Turning Point.
- After the first eight weeks of the season, Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano was on one of the hottest seats in the NFL. However, after the midway point in the season, things started to look up for Schiano and the Bucs. Having won four of their last five games, the Bucs have become a team that no playoff contender wants to face in the final quarter of the season. Mic’d up for this week’s victory against the Bills; see how Bucs coach Greg Schiano has finally gotten his team to buy into his philosophy.
- Take a look at this preview:
- You can see this and much more, tonight at 11/10c on “NFL Turning Point,” only on NBC Sports Network.