This past week treated us to some memorable football moments, all of which were captured by our skilled cinematographers. We’re mixing it up once again, not just giving you the best shots of the week’s most exciting scoring plays, but also the shots that, put together, tell the story of the week that was in the NFL. Here are the shots in the order they appear:
5. Colin Kaepernick was rarely comfortable in the pocket during the 49ers 23-20 loss to the Saints, and you can see here why, as he gets walloped from behind by rising star Cameron Jordan.
4. These two shots show the final kick in Garrett Hartley’s impressive performance, the one that put the Saints on top for good against the Niners. The fascinating low angle view of the ball sailing just through the uprights and into the net is something to behold.
3. You can’t tell the story of the Week 11 of the 2013 NFL season without showing the severe winds and torrential downpour that halted the Bears-Ravens matchup. These shots show the billowing sheets of rain coming down onto both Soldier Field and the fans trying to exit the stands.
2. Andrew Luck makes the play of the Colts-Titans game in this shot, pump faking the daylights out of Derrick Morgan of the Titans before scampering into the endzone for his fourth rushing touchdown of the year.
1. Matt Forte puts on a gritty display of determination in this shot, wheeling through a field made muddy by the weather you’ve already seen, making multiple defenders miss before putting his head down and grinding through the arms of a would-be tackler, finally breaking the plane by stretching the ball as far as he can before coming to the ground.
Take a peek: