Another week, another great job done by the cameraman of NFL Films. All of the five shots chosen this week for my list were of crucial plays from the six games that were decided by one possession, and are shots that exemplify masterful sports camerawork. Here’s a list of the shots in order of appearance:
1. LeGarrette Blount runs 47 yards for the TD against the Falcons, putting the Patriots up 20-10 in a game the Pats eeked out by just 7 points.
2. Matt Schaub passes down the seam to Garrett Graham in stride for a touchdown during the Texans’ dominant first half.
3. Joe Flacco lofts a nice pass towards the endzone, but Aaron Williams makes a nicer play on the ball, skying high to snag it out of the air, leaving Torrey Smith touchdown-less.
4. Witness one of the more bizarre tip drills you’ll see as Matt Schaub’s pass is popped in the air multiple times before finally being intercepted by Early Thomas.
5. Watch Ndamukong Suh be his usual destructive self as he comes seemingly out of nowhere to force a Jay Cutler fumble, one that Nick Fairley recovers and returns for a touchdown, a score that turned out to be the difference in the game.
Take a look: