We pride ourselves on delivering the most dramatic and riveting shots in the sports media industry. Since 1962, our company has shown the public that professional sports, and especially professional football, can be viewed as an art: a “drama of man on man in a race against the clock,” as Steve Sabol might put it. With that in mind, we’ve put together what we believe to be the five best best shots taken during the weekend that was the 2013 NFL Kickoff. Here’s the list:
5. This one you’ll have to wait to see. The beauty of the shot is in the unexpected and chaotic action that follows its beginning.
4. Jay Cutler gives the Bears the lead for good against the Bengals as he zips in a pass to Brandon Marshall for the touchdown.
3. Drew Brees gets the year off to a good start with his first touchdown throw of the season, a 25-yard toss to a diving Marques Colston to tie the score at 10 against the Falcons.
2. Ray Rice takes advantage of a block from fullback Vonta Leach, hurdles a defender, and coasts into the endzone as the Ravens take a 14-7 lead.
1. Wes Welker, the newest addition to an already explosive Bronco’s offense, breaks off the line to make a quick stutter move, and, after hauling in Peyton Manning’s pass, eludes the defender by spinning into the endzone.
Take a look: