Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins is single-handedly bringing back the interior pass rush in the NFL. The two-time Pro Bowler was the only interior lineman to post double-digit sacks in 2012 with 12 and half – the next closest was Ndamukong Suh with eight. Geno recently visited NFL Films and sat down with us to answer questions about his All-Pro year, his teammates’ hair and much more.
1. You were tied-6th in the league in sacks last year and you’re quickly becoming one of the best interior rushers in the NFL. What’s your secret?
2. This past season, you sacked two of the league’s more elusive quarterbacks, Ben Roethlisberger and Robert Griffin III. Which quarterback was harder to bring down?
3. Two of your teammates have long, flowing locks. Who wears the hair style better, linebacker Rey Maualuga or defensive tackle Domata Peko?
4. Your father, Gene, played in the NFL for 10 seasons with the Saints and Dolphins. What was it like growing up the son of an NFL player, and what advice does he give you now?
5. Your 25th birthday is coming up on March 28th. How do you plan on celebrating?